Thursday, January 11, 2018

Cooking Thursday - Candied Pecans

Good morning everyone.

You're probably seeing this post and thinking "What???  A cooking Thursday post, what on earth?" hahah

I know, it's been a very long time since I've done one, but I thought I would share one today.  I'm not sure if I'll do it every single week, but we will see how it goes.

The recipe I'm sharing today is a great snack, and even a good gift to give if you're wanting to make something homemade. 

Candied Pecans

Candied Pecans

2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 cup boiling water
3 cups pecan halves
1 teaspoon vanilla

Instructions

Stir together the sugar, cinnamon, cream of tartar, and boiling water in a small saucepan.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
Continue to cook at a slow boil over medium heat for about 8 minutes or so, stirring constantly.
Remove saucepan from heat, and stir in pecans.
Let cool for a few minutes, and then add vanilla, and continue to stir until pecans are evenly coated.
Pour pecans onto a sheet of parchment paper.
Separate nuts that have clumped together with a fork.
Let cool.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Those look dangerously good!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I've made these, and even made them in my crock pot. Yum!