Sunday, January 07, 2018

{ What I plan on reading....or, some of it }

January 7, 2018

I was puttering around the house today and when I came to dusting my bookshelves, I realized that I need to give it a quick organizing.

I get tons of books for review, and my shelves are slowly filling up again with books and more books that need to be read and review in the next 2 months.

January 7, 2018
After a bit of shifting here and there, moving the read ones to the back and the ones that have yet to be read to the front, I decided to show you what is on my shelf at the moment.



I always enjoy seeing the books that others are reading, I guess it's my on going obsession with books of any kind and libraries.

January 7, 2018

These are mainly my own books that I still need to read.  Some were picked up at book sales, actually most of them were picked up at a huge book sale at our local university last year.  Others were purchased on Amazon, some were gifted and so on.

On the top:

The Secret Mistress - Mary Balogh
Prince of Ravenscar - Catherine Coulter
Dead in the Family - Charlaine Harris
Winter Garden - Kristin Hannah
Temptation and Surrender - Stephanie Laurens
The Proposal - Mary Balogh
Whitethorn Woods - Maeve Binchy
The Body Farm - Patricia Cornwell
The Island Wife - Jessica Stirling
Amethyst - Lauraine Snelling

January 7, 2018

The Queens Confession - Victoria Holt
A Place in His Heart - Rebecca Demarino
With Love from Bliss - Ruth Clover
The Promise of Breeze Hill - Pam Hillman
Wings to the Kingdom - Cherie Priest
Fair Game - Carol Cox
The Water and the Blood - Nancy E. Turner
Gathering the Threads - Cindy Woodsmall
The Last Tudor - Philippa Gregory
Jo's Boys - Louisa May Alcott

January 7, 2018

And this is the book I mentioned yesterday, the one that my husband picked up for me.  I'm really looking forward to reading through it and learning more about knitting.

My Sunday was spent puttering around, doing laundry and other house chores.  Now I know I could wait until tomorrow and do them all, and just enjoy my weekend, but I don't ever see myself as really having a weekend off being that I'm a homemaker and every day is just like the others.

Whatever I did today, I won't have to do tomorrow and whatever I didn't do today, can be done in the morning, so either way it doesn't make much of a difference.

We enjoyed a big brunch consisting of country fried potatoes, bacon, eggs, biscuits and gravy, and it really did fill us for the whole day.  Dinner time no one was hungry and I didn't have to make dinner.

You know it's quite weird at times because for 20 years I've been cooking dinner every single night and now that I some times don't have to do it, I find myself struggling to go with the flow.  I think it's all just habit.

I'm off to watch My Cousin Rachel and start a new Elements Blanket using my own usual colors.  I'll be back in the morning with another Happy Homemaker Monday.

Before I leave though, I would love to know what is on your reading list this year.  I'm always looking for new books to read and you guys usually have some of the best suggestions, so let me know down below what you're reading, what you're planning to read and so on.

Blessings,
Sandra

1 comment:

Sherry Jolly said...

You have so many of my favorite authors on your shelves! I think - no, I KNOW - I have more books than I could possibly read in a lifetime (or two). I need to stop binge watching and start binge reading!