Monday, April 23, 2018

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 04/23/2018 }

Good morning friends, happy Monday :)

So glad to be back on my normal schedule and routine.  I do apologize again for not having this post up last week Monday, but I was traveling back from San Diego, and I didn't have my laptop with me.

I'm back today though, so let's get right into our HHM :) 


Breakfast time....what is on the plate this morning::::
I've just had a cup of coffee with Vanilla Creamer, and once this post is up, I'll make some toast with cottage cheese.  


On this week's to do list::::
Monday - Vacuum, carpet clean, give my puzzle another coat of mod podge to seal
Tuesday - Sew new patchwork place mats and dish drying mat
Wednesday - Jasmine's birthday, out with family
Thursday - Clean back yard patio and pull out table and chairs
Friday - Laundry, clean out closet and organize

Currently reading::::
Between Earth and Sky by Amanda Skenandore 

On the TV this week::::
Been catching up on a new Portuguese Soap.
Vlogs - Homemaking, Amish, Homesteading


The weather outside is::::
Beautiful morning, blue skies, and a high of 77 today.  Looks like we'll be in the upper 70's all week long, except for Wednesday where we'll dip back down to 59.  Sick of this unpredictable weather, really. 

On the menu this week::::
Monday - Chicken Curry
Tuesday - Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes, Potato Wedges
Wednesday - Out to dinner for Jasmine's Birthday 
Thursday - Beef and Broccoli, Rice
Friday -  Homemade Pizza  
Saturday - Husband's Delight
Sunday - Veggie Burgers, Fries

If I have a few minutes to myself, I will::::
Work on the new crochet blanket.  I know, I know, I can't help myself and I don't have anything else going right now.    

What I'm sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating::::
A few years ago I used some pretty fabric to make some patchwork placemats.  Since then they've been washed so many times, that they've become quite ratty.  I have some fabric sitting around that is perfect for Spring and Summer, so will be making more this week. 

New recipe I tried, or want to try this week::::
Will be making some Baked Spaghetti Squash with Garlic and Cheese.  I'll share the recipe when I make it :) 

Favorite photo from the camera::::
These sea lions were so cute.  


Bible Verse, Devotional::::
Love this inspirational quote.  It's so important that we learn to tune out the craziness of life around us, and turn towards the ONLY One who truly cares about us. 


6 comments:

Luludou said...

Wow! we are so far from the ocean no way we would see Sea Lions like that.

Have a great week

Sandi said...

Love that inspirational saying! I am doing that right now.

Joanna Unbehaun said...

Sea lions are adorable! I'm glad you are back home :)

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Glad you got back from your trip safely. Love the sea lion pic!! ;) The spaghetti squash recipe sounds awesome! Have a blessed week ahead my Dear. xoxo

Rebecca Knox said...

Cottage cheese on toast is one of my favorite breakfasts, Sandra. So yummy! Your menu plans for this week look great! Will be looking for the spaghetti squash recipe. Have a blessed week ahead! <3

Jean said...

Love the sea lion picture! Great quote for the week as well. Hope it's a wonderful one for you!